Thursday, April 9, 2009

Doctors Appt

So the little one and I had another doctors appointment today. The more I see him makes me like him even more as my doctor and not just as my friend. Got our official ultrasound report and everything looks great. Found out that Justin's blood type is + while mine is -, so I will for sure need at least one Whinrho shot in a few weeks. Heard baby's heartbeat at 160, kicking me the whole time. We also talked alot about delivery and I am so pleased that his views are the same as mine. He rarely induces, rarely uses episeotomies and very rarely uses vaccum or forceps. He said that nature knows what it is doing and I completely agree. We also talked about pain control, about drugs and possible epidural, but mostly to see how it goes and use the shower/tub/ball etc. I can't say that I am against pain control measures as I have never done this before and do not know how it will go or how I will handle it but I am committed to trying all natural routes first. I have been regualrily practicing my yoga and hoping that and relaxation will help me let my body do what it has to.

1 comment:

Dani said...

With a supportive doctor and hubby you can do it without meds if you want. I'm not gonna lie and be like it didn't hurt, but transition is really the only super painful part and that was about 15 mins or so for me.

Are you getting super excited now?